Rightwork Solutions understands the importance of, and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives. This policy sets out how we will handle and deal with your personal information and ensure it is only used for the purpose for which it was intended and provided.
This Policy applies to all customers, whether past, present or future of Rightwork Solutions and describes our practices in connection with information collected through all of our “Services” including workplace relations, investigations, human resources, websites such as rightwork.com.au, mobile sites, applications and social media pages.
Rightwork Solutions may update this Policy and will update this page when we do so. Customers should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective 6 February 2017.
This Policy acts in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles as contained within Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which amends the Privacy Act 1988.
We apply the definition of personal information contained at s6 (1) of the Privacy Act 1988.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rightwork Solutions is required to collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. Where possible we will collect personal information we require directly from you.
Rightwork Solutions will only collect and disclose information for which it is required to provide its Services to persons who have provided their consent; or for its own ancillary marketing, legal and administrative purposes.
The information collected will include personal information obtained from individuals including:
- Their name, date of birth, address and contact details (including email address and telephone number);
- Occupation, work history and qualifications;
- Information in relation to their work performance and conduct;
- Information from their nominated referees, current or previous employers and/or our staff;
Further information may be collected with consent in specific instances as notified by you.
Personal information entered into the Rightwork Solutions database will not be used or disclosed by us, except as authorised by you or as reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined to you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services requested.
Where Rightwork Solutions collects your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of:
- Purpose for which we are collecting the information;
- How to access and correct personal information and make privacy complaints.
Where it is practical and lawful to do so, Rightwork Solutions will enable you to access our website and make general telephone enquiries without having to identify yourself or by using a pseudonym.
- All information, documents and personal information received by Rightwork Solutions through the course of an investigation is treated in confidence and will not to be divulged to any other parties without express consent.
- Personal details of parties to an investigation will not be divulged to any other parties during the course of an investigation or thereafter.
- Documents created in the course of an investigation on behalf of a client of Rightwork Solutions will be collated at the end of the contract for the Principal to determine the most appropriate method of storage or disposal.
- All records (documents, computer or audio / video files) are archived for storage following an investigation and stored in a secure location.
The following non-personal information is automatically recorded by our site’s web server for statistical and system administration purposes:
- The Internet Protocol number (this number is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet)
- The domain name of the account you are using to access the internet (e.g.: .com.au, .gov.au, .edu.au, etc.)
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you accessed and downloaded
We use this data to aggregate information about the length and number of visits to our site and the popularity of various areas of our website. We will not attempt to identify individuals from the above records the server automatically generates, unless it is necessary to investigate a breach of law or regulation.
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies. Rejecting cookies may however, limit the functionality of our website. Please consult the ‘Help’ section of your browser for more information.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rightwork Solutions collects your personal information and uses it only for the purpose for which it was provided to us. This may include:
- Providing Services to you;
- Collecting payments and to administer your account;
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products and services;
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems;
- To protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, security or property of Rightwork Solutions, of users of our Services or members of the public
- To comply with an order of a court, the law or a legal process.
- Any other ways expressly disclosed at the point of collection.
Your personal information may be made available to certain third party service and content providers such as website hosting services, legal advisers, financial advisors, government authorities or industry members who help us to provide the Services.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rightwork Solutions takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Rightwork Solutions is not responsible for the privacy or security of third party websites that you access through its Services.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to access, review, correct or update any of your personal information held by Rightwork Solutions, please contact us via rightwork.com.au/contact-us. The request should include what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably practicable.
You are able to access the personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. If we refuse your request, or if we refuse to give you access in the manner you requested, Rightwork Solutions will provide you with a written confirmation of the reasons for our refusal and the available complaint process.
If you have a complaint about how Rightwork Solutions has collected, stored or used your personal information, please contact rightwork.com.au/contact-us including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act.
Rightwork Solutions will acknowledge and respond to your complaint in a timely manner.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – www.oaic.gov.au
Rightwork Solutions Pty Ltd – ABN 83 411 825 489